Los Angeles is a destination where the sun and the heat reign 365 days a year. The weather is beautiful all year round. As a result, there is no ideal time to go there. Unless you want to watch an NBA game! The regular season runs from late October to mid-April. And this, before giving way to the playoffs!
Both Los Angeles teams are competitive most of the time. In particular the Lakers, a legendary franchise in the NBA! And one of the most successful! Some of the best basketball players of all time have played there. Including Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal and LeBron James! There are dozens of legendary players at the Lakers.
The second NBA franchise located in Los Angeles, namely the Clippers, also has talent to spare. It is considered a team made up of blue collar workers. The institution has never won the title of NBA champion. However, its leaders have made it their main objective in the short term.
NBA Tickets – Los Angeles Lakers
Like PSG in football, the Lakers are a world-famous basketball team. Its prestige goes beyond the borders of the United States. Celebrities flock to their home games in droves from the front row of the crypto.com arena. This was also the case when the precinct was previously called the Staples Center.
To attend a Los Angeles Lakers game at home, you will be competing with movie stars. But also wealthy individuals working in other juicy industries. You should know that the average purchasing power in California is much higher than what we have in France. Seating for Lakers games is limited and demand for tickets is high. As you will have understood, the price of tickets is therefore very high. And this, regardless of your location in the stands. You won’t find discount NBA tickets for the Lakers. It just doesn’t exist! If you’re not planning on returning to Los Angeles anytime soon, it can be tempting to pay big bucks to see your idols in real life. And not behind a screen! Remember that you only live once! So have fun.
Going to a Lakers game is having the opportunity to see a legend of American basketball in the flesh. We are obviously talking about LeBron James. Retirement is fast approaching for the “King”, even if it is not yet in the news. Like all human beings, the number 6 of the Lakers is not eternal. But like all great athletes, his name will forever be etched in the history of his sport.
NBA Tickets – Los Angeles Clippers
Unlike the Lakers, the Clippers’ ticketing pricing policy is much more affordable for everyone. Ticket prices start at around $10. However, it can quickly climb if you want to get closer to the terrain. Find the balance between your personal pleasure and your finances. Watching a Los Angeles Clippers game is interesting. The latter are reputed to be a blue-collar team. Players fight on all balls. The team has a strong defensive identity. Recruited in 2019, the two superstars of the team have been absent for the majority of the 2021/2022 season. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George could nevertheless return to the courts as the playoffs approach. Their return to competition would be a game-changer. The Clippers would then become a very dangerous outsider in the quest for the Holy Grail. Note that Nicolas Batum, the captain of the France team, is a member of the workforce. The atmosphere in the audience is less bling-bling and have you seen me for a Clippers game, compared to a Lakers poster. However, the quality of the show remains there for the matches of the two teams. Also, you should know that in Los Angeles, there are many more Lakers supporters than Clippers. A certain rivalry exists between the fans of these two Californian powers.
The 10 things to do in Los AngelesLos Angeles is one of the most interesting cities in the world. Beyond its two NBA basketball teams, the Lakers and the Clippers, it is a lively city that is renowned for its restaurants, its fashion boutiques, its museums, its concerts, its art and its culture. There’s so much to do on your Los Angeles vacation that we don’t have enough of a blog post to list them all. Film studio tours at Universal Studios Hollywood and Disneyland are a must. But there is so much more to discover in L.A… Here are the 10 things to do in Los Angeles:
1. Support the Lakers and Clippers at the Crypto.com ArenaTraveling to Los Angeles without going to an NBA game is an aberration for any basketball fan. To get your entry ticket, go to the best site for buying NBA game tickets. Once in the room, enjoy the show. You will come out starry-eyed. Among the 10 things to do in Los Angeles in 2023, going to an NBA game is right at the top of the list.
2. Visit HollywoodHollywood is a district of Los Angeles which is very visited by tourists. Here you can visit the movie studios and get a behind-the-scenes look at your favorite movies, but you can also do other interesting things here. The shops in Hollywood sell clothes and fashion accessories, but you can also buy food and healthy foods there. You can experience Hollywood culture there by visiting museums and art galleries.
3. Take a side trip to Venice BeachVenice Beach is a very popular destination for tourists and for locals in Los Angeles. It is an area where there are different restaurants, shops, art galleries and entertainment venues. You will also find artists performing on the beach. You can also have fun on the Venice Beach Ferris wheel. Also, you can go rollerblading, skateboarding and even rent bikes. Legendary basketball courts are also located there. In summer, it is not uncommon to see NBA players find themselves on one of these playgrounds.
4. Stroll along Santa Monica BeachSanta Monica is a neighborhood in Los Angeles that you cannot miss. You will find shops and restaurants, but also beaches. Santa Monica Beach is the perfect place to do your morning jog. If you want to relax, you can choose to stay on the beach until the sun goes down.
5. Explore Hollywood BoulevardHollywood Boulevard is a very popular place for tourists. There you will find lots of shops and restaurants. But also historic buildings such as Grauman’s Chinese Theater or the Kodak Theater. Many stars have left their fingerprints and autographs on the sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard.
6. Don’t miss the Getty CenterThe Getty Center is located about 20 kilometers southwest of Downtown Los Angeles. It contains an amazing art collection. This building also houses a bookstore and a restaurant. In addition, the gardens surrounding the Getty Center are very pleasant. You will also find an exhibition of sculptures there. This is a must in the top 10 things to do in Los Angeles.
7. Spend a day at DisneylandDisneyland Park is located about 20 kilometers southwest of Downtown Los Angeles, in the city of Anaheim. Disney lovers and kids will really enjoy going to Disneyland. There is a surprising number of attractions for all ages. Mickey is waiting for you!
8. Getting to the Los Angeles Museum of Natural HistoryThe Los Angeles Museum of Natural History is located southwest of downtown. This building opened in 1912. It is considered one of the most important natural history museums in the world. Indeed, it houses more than 35,000 works of art. And nearly 100,000 specimens of plants, animals and minerals…
9. Visit the Museum of Western ArtThe Museum of Western Art is located in Downtown L.A. It is a museum exhibiting classic, modern and contemporary art. Quite old, it was founded in 1913. it houses works of art by great artists such as George Inness, William Merritt Chase, Edouard Manet and Thomas Eakins.
10. Walk around ChinatownChinatown is one of the most interesting neighborhoods in Los Angeles. You can discover many small shops selling Chinese food and crafts. You can also taste really delicious home-cooked meals. But also discover Chinese culture in museums, art galleries and shops. Chinatown is a great place to find Chinese souvenirs to take home.
The economic impact of the Lakers and Clippers in Los AngelesThe second largest city in the United States by population with nearly 4,000,000 million inhabitants living within the walls, Los Angeles is also a popular tourist destination in the world. In addition to its magnificent beaches located along the coast and its world-famous film studios, the Californian capital also attracts for the sporting spectacle it offers.
A strong sports offer in Los AngelesL.A. has an ice hockey team (the Kings in NHL), two soccer teams (LAFC and LA Galaxy in MLS), a baseball team (the Angels in MLB), a US football team (the Rams in NFL) and of course two basketball teams: the Lakers, historic franchise with 16 NBA championship titles, as well as the Clippers, never yet titled in the history of the North American championship but who intend to put an end to that on as soon as possible since the signings of stars Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.
Downtown Los Angeles, business-oriented with mostly corporate offices, is clearly not a place that attracts tourists and keeps them spending their money all day long. But the presence in its heart of the Staples Center and the sporting and cultural events it hosts boosts the city’s economy in terms of tourism.
Business is business“From an economic point of view, having two successful basketball teams in L.A. is good for everyone. Those who work around will make more money, ”says a local, residing a few blocks from the lair of the Lakers and Clippers on game night.
It is well known that Americans think first and foremost from a business point of view in everything they do. The question about the possible existing rivalry between the fans of the two teams will wait. Obviously, the fans of the mythical Lakers are much more numerous and noisy at each derby than those of the emerging Clippers.If it seems obvious that the team led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis is currently bringing in much more money than their neighboring franchise in terms of merchandising and ticketing, among other things, the latest sports results following the opposition between the two formations show that The situation could change in the not so distant future…